Discussions over increased toxicity in the body must necessarily include the role of recreational and illegal drugs. Cannabis sativa, commonly called marijuana, is one of the illicit drugs that contribute the most to external toxins.
Marijuana contains a fat soluble, psychoactivesubstance called THC, which takes a much longer time to exit the body than other drugs. Water soluble drugs get eliminated in a few days or weeks, but marijuana’s active chemical THC can remain stored in fat cells for months.
A detox treatment for marijuana toxicity involves three main organ systems; THC can be stored in the skin, urine and blood. Normally medication for a marijuana detox would include a radically distinctive combination of vitamins, minerals and herbal detox remedies. There are other detox products that can help you get rid of marijuana from the blood, urine or hair. There are others that claim to provide holistic marijuana detoxification from the entire body.
Detox remedies can provide complete detoxification over a period of time. Natural detox programs that are specially designed for marijuana toxicity patients need to include the management of the withdrawal symptoms along with the elimination of THC.
The most prevalent and difficult withdrawal symptoms are insomnia and depression. Recurrent nightmares and vivid dreams are normal during the recovery process. Cessation of marijuana intake also brings about emotional outbursts and an interruption in sex drive. The withdrawal symptoms taper off eventually, but the process is lengthy and can be quite uncomfortable.
There are simple home remedies can provide quick relief from withdrawal symptoms and aid in the overall process of the detox treatment. Listed are some remedies that you can try at home:
- Hot baths to calm aggressive moods
- Increase the intake of water and clear liquids to aid in flushing out toxins
- Cranberry juice is known to have purifying properties
- High levels of exercise to increase sweating - This allows toxins to escape the body. Care should be taken to replenish some of the useful minerals that may get lost in the process by increasing the intake of melons, bananas, citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables and tomatoes. These fruits and vegetables are rich in potassium and other minerals and can replenish the system.
- Reduce intake of fat to improve the overall functioning of the digestive system - This ensures that the natural detoxification process can perform more efficiently.
- Reduce caffeine intake help with insomnia - A glass of warm milk at bedtime instead is a proven traditional sedative.
- Workouts and breathing exercises to fight depression and emotional upheavals