Candida is caused by an overgrowth of Candida albicans, a natural microorganism present in the intestinal flora. Candida albicans is a parasitic fungus that can infect the mouth, skin, intestines or the vagina. Candida is normally a result of acid-alkaline imbalances, excessive use of antibiotics, unhealthy amounts of sugar and simple carbohydrates, birth control pills, or a weak immune system.
Vaginal yeast infections are common in women who are careless with their hygiene, especially during pregnancy. It is also more common in diabetic patients. Homeopathy offers select Candida treatments, which are based on individual symptoms. These remedies can provide comfort from the symptoms caused by Candida. These remedies also help in avoiding the use of topical creams.
Homeopathy is a natural mode of treatment, and all its remedies are derived from only organic and natural substances. The strict mantra of the therapy is to avoid anything that is even remotely un-natural or of synthetic origin. Moreover, instead of trying to suppress symptoms, homeopathic remedies attempt to target the underlying cause. The homeopathic approach to Candida cure is based not only on providing relief from the symptoms like itching, burning, irritation and redness, but also to promote the body’s self-healing capacities as well.
A trained homeopath will first prepare a list of the symptoms, read them in conjunction with the personality of the patient, and then recommend yeast infection treatment according to the homeopathic Materia Medica. This book contains the science or study of homeopathic remedies, their preparation, properties, uses and effects. No detail is insignificant, and there are different remedies depending upon symptoms and allied factors. The following are examples of combining personalities with symptoms and treatment suggestions:
- Feeling as if warm water is flowing out, accompanied by a discharge that looks like egg whites, is indicative of infection. Patients who develop symptoms of Candida midway during menstruation usually respond well to Borax.
- Natrum muriaticum is the best remedy when symptoms of vaginitis appear with an egg white-like discharge that makes the vagina feel dry and irritated. A Natrum muriaticum patient usually appears reserved and holds emotions inside.
- Itching and burning before menstrual periods, with a discharge that is milky, acrid, thick or yellow suggest that the patient is a calcarea carbonica patient. Other indications of calcarea carbonica include a stout physique, a reserved personality, and a craving for sweets.
- Kali bichromicum is the preferred remedy for a vaginal yeast infection that causes itching and burning in the vulva, which is worsened by warmth and improved from resting. The discharge of a Kali bichromicum patient is yellow and unyielding.
- Unpleasant smelling discharge, symptoms that become aggravated in the morning and worsen on standing indicate Kreosotum.
- Sulphur is recommended for those who get a yellowish and foul-smelling discharge that causes itching, which is aggravated while bathing.
- Pulsatilla is prescribed when symptoms vary and cause itching in the folds of the vulva.
- Sepi is best for patients with a curd-like discharge, accompanied by fatigue and irritation.
If you can match the symptoms closely with those that indicate a specific remedy, these homeopathic remedies can be taken even without consulting a physician. The preferred mode of administration is to watch signs of improvement with one dose and continue if results are favorable. The frequency of dosage depends upon whether the condition is acute or chronic.References: