1. Does it really work?
DigestAssist has been very effective with a very high success rate. We get an extremely high reorder rate on the product, indicating that our customers are very satisfied with it. In fact, it has been sold to literally thousands of customers in virtually every country around the world!
2. How long has this product been on the market?
All of our natural remedies are formulated by our expert team of herbalists, naturopaths and homeopaths, and headed by Michele Carelse. Michele has been providing these natural remedies to her clients, with great success, for over ten years. All Native Remedies products are manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards - using only the best quality raw ingredients from nature's medicine chest - that is why we are The Natural Choice.
3. What exactly does DigestAssist do?
DigestAssist is a 100% herbal remedy containing well-researched natural ingredients and manufactured in therapeutic dosage according to the highest pharmaceutical standards.
4. What does DigestAssist contain?
DigestAssist is an herbal remedy containing:
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is an herb that has a long history of medicinal use in traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine. Modern research has investigated its effectiveness in supporting digestive juices and promoting healthy digestion. (Arfeen Z, Owen H, Plummer JL, et al. "A double-blind randomized controlled trial of ginger for the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting". Anaesthesia 1995;23:449-52) Furthermore, in animal studies this herb has been investigated for its ability to support the entire gastric system. (al-Yahya MA, Rafatullah S, Mossa JS, et al. "Gastro-protective activity of ginger in albino rats". Am J Chinese Med 1989;17:51-6).
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is one of the most well-known of the mint herbs, has been used for centuries in many cultures. Numerous modern studies have investigated its properties for digestive support. Mentha piperita supports the digestive tract and the flow of natural digestive juices and bile, thereby assisting healthy digestion. It helps to relax the muscles of the digestive tract and supports the flow of natural digestive juices and bile, thereby supporting the body to effectively digest and process food.(Taylor BA, Luscombe DK, Duthie HL. "Inhibitory effect of peppermint on gastrointestinal smooth muscle" Gut. 1983;24:A992). Peppermint has also been shown to support healthy digestion by calming the stomach in even the most sensitive stomachs. (Kline RM, Kline JJ, Di Palma J, et al. "Enteric-coated, pH-dependent peppermint oil capsules for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome in children". J Pediatr. 2001;138:125-128).
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) is an herb that has been used since ancient times, and was traditionally used to prevent 'growling stomachs' during church services! Furthermore, Foeniculum vulgare has been shown to assist with digestion in even the most delicate digestive systems, such as infants (Savino F, Cresi F, Castagno E, Silvestro L, Oggero R, "A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of a standardized extract of Matricariae recutita, Foeniculum vulgare and Melissa officinalis in the treatment of breastfed colicky infants." Dipartimento di Scienze Pediatriche e dell'Adolescenza-Universit di Torino, Ospedale Infantile Regina Margherita, Azienda Ospedaliera OIRM S. ANNA, Piazza Polonia, 94, 10126 Torino, Italy, Wiley InterScience Journal, 10.1002/ptr.1668).
- Pelargonium reniforme is a medicinal plant known to generations of Khoi/San descendants and Xhosa traditional healers for its health-supporting properties. Also known as 'Umckaloabo,' it is traditionally used for a range of therapeutic functions and is well known for its supportive capacity on liver functioning and as a digestive tonic. This species of pelargonium is indigenous to the Eastern Cape of South Africa and grows wild, sending out long bulbous roots deep into the ground. The active ingredients are found in the bitter tasting root of the plant. Recent studies have indicated this herb can be beneficial in supporting the body’s ability to maintain balance between various body systems. (Matthys H, et al. "Efficacy and safety of an extract of Pelargonium sidoides (EPs 7630) in adults with acute bronchitis. A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial." Phytomedicine. 2003;10(suppl 4):7–17).
Native Remedies' products are created using our Full Spectrum Approach™ (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combines the best quality, laboratory-tested, raw ingredients, good manufacturing practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee you products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness.
This product contains no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, is suitable for lacto-vegetarians, is not tested on animals, and backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
5. Is DigestAssist approved by the FDA?
The FDA oversees all food and drug products. Since DigestAssist is an herbal dietary supplement, they fall under the ambit of the FDA. In 1994 the FDA set up guidelines for dietary supplements, including labeling requirements, and created the Dietary Supplement Health Education Act (DSHEA). DigestAssist follows all of DSHEA's guidelines. In addition, Native Remedies is an FDA-registered Food Facility, and all of our products are manufactured in a Pharmaceutical Graded, GMP-certified facility to guarantee the highest degree of consistency, reliability and potency.
6. What is the proper dosage?
Dilute drops in a small amount of water or juice.
Adults & Children 15+: Take 0.50 mL as needed as needed.
Children 6-14: 1 drop per age year of the child.
Caution: Not recommended for children under one year old or during pregnancy unless under medical supervision. Please consult a doctor should symptoms persist.
7. In what form does DigestAssist come?
DigestAssist comes in a convenient fast-acting tincture drop formula.
8. How do you properly store this product?
Best storage is in a cool (not cold) dark place out of direct sunlight such as a cupboard or closet. The product does not need to be refrigerated.
9. What is the shelf life?
The product expiration date can be found on the label. Please note: Some bottle types have the expiration date printed directly onto the bottle itself.
10. How long until results are seen?
As with many effective herbal treatments, DigestAssist begins to support body systems almost immediately - this means that digestive support is encouraged from the start. Day by day, these remedies will support all mechanisms involved in digestion - helping to promote digestive comfort and health.
11. Does DigestAssist have any side effects?
No, DigestAssist does not have any side effects, as it is 100% natural. The ingredients of DigestAssist have a high safety profile and are generally very well tolerated without side effects.
12. How long does a bottle last?
One bottle of DigestAssist contains 60 mL and will last approximately 120 days, depending on frequency of use.
13. Is DigestAssist addictive or habit-forming?
DigestAssist is 100% natural, safe, effective and is not habit forming.
14. Can I take if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Safety during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been clinically established.