1. Does it really work?
JuniorSlim has been very effective with a very high success rate. We get an extremely high reorder rate on the product, indicating that our customers are very satisfied with it. In fact, it has been sold to literally thousands of customers in virtually every country around the world!
2. How long has this product been on the market?
All of our natural remedies are formulated by our expert team of herbalists, naturopaths and homeopaths, and headed by Michele Carelse. Michele has been providing these natural remedies to her clients, with great success, for over ten years. All Native Remedies products are manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards - using only the best quality raw ingredients from nature's medicine chest - that is why we are The Natural Choice.
3. What exactly does JuniorSlim do?
JuniorSlim is a 100% safe, non-addictive natural herbal remedy formulated by our team of natural health experts for children and preteens. JuniorSlim can especially benefit those overweight children and preteens needing to consistently support routine weight management and a healthy metabolism without compromising growth and health and without serious side effects.
4. What does JuniorSlim contain?
JuniorSlim is a 100% herbal formula that contains the following proven herbs in therapeutic dosage:
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) has been used since ancient times to ‘take the edge off’ appetite and was traditionally used to avoid 'growling stomachs' during church services! Fennel also supports the health of the liver, kidneys and spleen. The health of these body organs is essential for the breakdown of dietary fat and the elimination of waste products from the body. Furthermore, Foeniculum vulgare is a rich source of beta-carotene and vitamin C, and animal studies have shown its supportive properties for healthy blood sugar levels. (Farag, R, Abu-Raiia, S, and Abdel-Moein, N. "The essential oils of coriander, common dill, and bitter fennel and their effects on diabetic rats." Bull Fac of Agric, Univ of Cairo 1992;43(1):31-44.).
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita) has been used for many hundreds of years to maintain healthy digestion. It relaxes the muscles of the digestive tract and supports the flow of natural digestive juices and bile, which assist the body to effectively digest and process food.(Taylor BA, Luscombe DK, Duthie HL. "Inhibitory effect of peppermint on gastrointestinal smooth muscle" Gut. 1983;24:A992). Peppermint has also been shown to support healthy digestion by calming the stomach. (Kline RM, Kline JJ, Di Palma J, et al. "Enteric-coated, pH-dependent peppermint oil capsules for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome in children". J Pediatr. 2001;138:125-128).
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis) is an unusually nutritious food. It contains substantial levels of vitamins A, C, D, and B complex as well as iron, magnesium, zinc, potassium, manganese, copper, choline, calcium, boron, and silicon. The bitter principles of dandelion are very good for digestion, including the secretion of salivary and gastric juices. Dandelion also supports the flow of bile, and helps to maintain liver health. (Hook I, McGee A, Henman M, et al. "Evaluation of dandelion for diuretic activity and variation in potassium content". Int J Pharmacog 1993;31(1):29-34). In recent studies, Taraxacum officinalis was shown to have an effect on laboratory animals with respect to body weight. (Racz-Kotilla E, Racz G, Solomon A. "The action of Taraxacum officinale extracts on the body weight and diuresis of laboratory animals." Planta Med 1974;26(3):212-217).
- Milk-vetch (Astragalus membranaceous) has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for many centuries as a tonic for the endocrine system. Preliminary research suggests that Astragalus membranaceous might be useful in supporting thyroid health, and the endocrine system, as well as healthy metabolism. (Xia SN, Xu ZZ, Zhang ZH, et al. "Hyperthyroidism treated with "yiqiyangyin" decoction". J Tradit Chin Med . 1986;6:79-82.) (Zhang YD, Wang YL, Shen JP, et al. "Effects on blood pressure and inflammation of astragalus saponin 1, a principle isolated from Astragalus membranaceus" BGE Acta PharmSin . 1984;19:333-337). (Zhang H. "Treatment of adult diabetes with jiangtangjia tablets". J Trad Chin Med. 1986;7:37-39).
- Licorice (Glycorrhiza glabra) has many uses, including being a general tonic for the digestive system. A recent human study found that a preparation of licorice may reduce body fat. Fifteen normal-weight subjects consumed licorice for 2 months (3.5 g a day). Body fat mass was measured before and after treatment. Licorice was able to reduce body fat mass (Bernardi M, D'Intino PE, Trevisani F, et al. Effects of prolonged ingestion of graded doses of licorice by healthy volunteers. Life Sci. 1994;55(11):863-872). Another study found that a topical preparation of glycyrrhetinic acid (a component of licorice) was able to reduce the thickness of fat on the thigh in human subjects. (Teelucksingh S, Mackie ADR, Burt D, et al. Potentiation of hydrocortisone activity in skin by glycyrrhetinic acid. Lancet. 1990;335:1060-1063).
- Wood betony (Stachys officinalis) is very useful for the child who may turn to food for comfort. Wood betony can help to support digestive health and metabolism in growing bodies.
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) is well-known for its soothing and calming properties. (Muller SF, Klement S. A combination of valerian and lemon balm is effective in the treatment of restlessness and dyssomnia in children. Phytomedicine. 2006;13(6):383-7).
Note: JuniorSlim contains less than 1% pure pharmaceutical ethanol when diluted as directed.
Native Remedies' products are created using our Full Spectrum Approach™ (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combines the best quality, laboratory-tested, raw ingredients, good manufacturing practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee you products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness.
This product contains no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, is suitable for vegans and lacto-vegetarians, is not tested on animals, and backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
5. Is JuniorSlim approved by the FDA?
The FDA oversees all food and drug products. Since JuniorSlim is an herbal
dietary supplement, they fall under the ambit of the FDA. In 1994, the FDA
set up guidelines for dietary supplements, including labeling requirements, and created the Dietary Supplement Health Education Act (DSHEA). JuniorSlim follows all of DSHEA's guidelines. In addition, Native Remedies is an FDA-registered Food Facility, and all of our products are manufactured in a Pharmaceutical Graded, GMP-certified facility to guarantee the highest degree of consistency, reliability and potency.
6. How do I use Junior Slim?
Dilute drops in 1/4 cup of water or juice.
Children 3-12: Take 1 drop per year of age 2-3 times daily before meals.
Children 13+: We recommend TeenSlim™
Caution: Not recommended for children under 3 years of age unless under medical supervision. Do not deprive your child of healthy food. Consult a dietician or nutritionist for advice if your child has more than age-appropriate baby-fat to decrease.
7. In what form does JuniorSlim come?
JuniorSlim is a concentrated tincture which comes in convenient drop formula.
8. How do you properly store this product?
Best storage is in a cool (not cold) dark place out of direct sunlight such as a cupboard or closet. The product does not need to be refrigerated.
9. How often should I take it and why?
Use regularly to support healthy metabolism without jeopardizing normal growth.
10. How long until support is seen?
Results will vary based on a variety of factors such as individual constitution, body type, lifestyle, diet and energy levels. However, if the recommendations are followed on healthy diet and exercise levels, consistent users of JuniorSlim should begin to see results within 3 - 6 weeks. JuniorSlim contains gentle all natural proven herbs in therapeutic dosage.
11. Does JuniorSlim have any side effects?
No, JuniorSlim does not have any side effects as it is 100% herbal and natural. The ingredients of JuniorSlim have a high safety profile and are generally very well tolerated without any side effects or interactions with other drugs.
12. How long does a bottle last?
One 60 mL bottle of JuniorSlim taken regularly will last approximately 80 days depending on the age of the child and frequency of use.