1. Does it really work?
Gumz-n-Teeth has been very effective with a very high success rate. We get an extremely high reorder rate on the product, indicating that our customers are very satisfied with it. In fact, it has been sold to literally thousands of customers in virtually every country around the world!
2. How long has this product been on the market?
All of our natural remedies are formulated by our expert team of herbalists, naturopaths and homeopaths, and headed by Michele Carelse. Michele has been providing these natural remedies to her clients, with great success, for over ten years. All Native Remedies products are manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards - using only the best quality raw ingredients from nature's medicine chest - that is why we are The Natural Choice.
3. What exactly does Gumz-n-Teeth do?
Gumz-n-Teeth is a 100% safe proprietary blend of natural and herbal ingredients in an internal formula for supporting general dental health in pets. This formula also has a positive effect of systemic functioning as a whole.
4. What does Gumz-n-Teeth contain?
Gumz-n-Teeth contains the following ingredients:
- Spirulina (Arthrospira platenis) is a single celled micro-organism found in the sea and known to be an excellent source of chlorophyll. Widely used for its nutritive properties, Spirulina contains protein, vitamins (including B12 and folic acid) and carotenoids. Spirulina also makes vitamin A available for use in the body. Vitamin A is essential for healthy eyes, teeth and immune functioning. This sea algae has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years as a tonic to boost energy, support liver and immune system functioning, and general systemic health. Human studies have shown Spirulina to promote oral health in particular (Mathew, B., Sankaranarayanan, R., Nair, P. P., Varghese, C., Somanathan, T., Amma, B. P., Amma, N. S., and Nair, M. K. "Evaluation of chemoprevention of oral cancer with Spirulina fusiformis." Nutr Cancer 1995; 24(2):197-202.)
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) helps to support healthy body tissue due to its high silica content. Silica is essential in the maintenance of healthy and strong teeth, skin, bones, claws and fur and is the main component in all connective body tissues including the myelin sheaths around nerve cells and the membranes of the brain and spinal cord. It also contains health promoting compounds called sterols (D'Agostino, M., Dini, A., Pizza, C., Senatore, F., and Aquino, R. "Sterols from Equisetum arvense." Boll.Soc Ital.Biol Sper. 12-30-1984;60(12):2241-2245.)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is known to contain bitter principles which have a beneficial effect on saliva production in the mouth. (Kuusi T, Pyylaso H, and Autio K. "The bitterness properties of dandelion. II. Chemical investigations." Lebensm-Wiss Technol 1985;18:347-349. ) It is also a source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. These vitamins and minerals are all essential for the health of the digestive system, bones, teeth and gums.
- Silica (6C) is a biochemic tissue salt which has a unique ability to cleanse the cells of toxins and purify the body. Silica is naturally occurring in the body, especially in hair, nails, skin, nerve sheaths and all mucous membranes, including the mouth and digestive tract. This biochemic tissue salt is also frequently prescribed for gum health. Silica acts as a natural cleanser and purifier and will also eliminate all foreign matter in the body. For this reason Silica should not be used for pets with any type of prosthesis, metal plates, pins or artificial tubes in the body.
- Calc flor (6C) is a biochemic tissue salt which is important for healthy teeth, skin and bones. Calc. fluoride is also useful for teething pets. It is found in the enamel of teeth and bone surfaces and is excellent for maintaining the health and integrity of teeth.
- Calc phos (6C) is a biochemic tissue salt useful for healthy teeth and gums and is particularly important in times of growth and development. This salt is found in the bones, connective tissue, teeth etc. and is necessary for supporting the strength/solidity of these tissues. Calc phos is excellent for supporting healthy circulation, bones and teeth.
- Lactose (inactive ingredient)
Native Remedies' products are created using our Full Spectrum Approach™ (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combine the best quality, laboratory tested, raw ingredients, Good Manufacturing Practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee you products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness, all backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
Our products are not tested on animals and individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
5. Is Gumz-n-Teeth approved by the FDA?
The FDA oversees all food and drug products. Since Gumz-n-Teeth is a herbal dietary supplement, it falls under the ambit of the FDA. In 1994 the FDA set up guidelines for dietary supplements, including labeling requirements, and created the Dietary Supplement Health Education Act (DSHEA). Gumz-n-Teeth follows all of DSHEA's guidelines. In addition, Native Remedies is an FDA-registered Food Facility, and all of our products are manufactured in a Pharmaceutical Graded, GMP-certified facility to guarantee the highest degree of consistency, reliability and potency.
6. How do I use Gumz-n-Teeth?
Capsules may be swallowed whole or opened and mixed with a little food.
Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily
7. In what form does Gumz-n-Teeth come?
Gumz-n-Teeth comes in capsule form that may be swallowed whole or opened and mixed with a little food.
8. How often should I use and why?
Regular use will support health of teeth and gums and as well as general systemic health.
9. How do you properly store this product?
Best storage is in a cool (not cold) dark place out of direct sunlight such as a cupboard or closet. The product does not need to be refrigerated.
10. How long until support is seen?
Individual response times may vary according to a variety of factors. However, you should begin to notice a gradual improvement in the health of your pet’s teeth, gums and breath within 3-6 weeks of regular use
11. Does Gumz-n-Teeth have any side effects?
No, Gumz-n-Teeth does not have any side effects as it is 100% herbal and natural. The ingredients of Gumz-n-Teeth have a high safety profile and are generally very well tolerated without any side effects or interactions with other drugs.
12. How long does a bottle last?
One bottle of Gumz-n-Teeth contains 60 capsules and will last between 15 and 60 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.
13. Is Gumz-n-Teeth safe for use during pregnancy and nursing?
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not been established
14. How do I brush my pet’s teeth?
There are many ways to help prevent disease of your pet’s gums and teeth, but none of these can replace the need for brushing the teeth! This is not as difficult as it sounds either! The easiest way to start is by finding a toothpaste that your pet likes. Try a variety of different flavors by giving your pet a taste of each and see how he/she reacts. Once you’ve worked out which toothpaste is going to do the trick you can put a little of this paste on a soft, moist cloth and wipe just one or two of the front teeth with it, giving your pet lots of encouragement and praise. Start slowly like this and every day just add one or two more teeth to the routine with lots more praise and petting. Move your "brushing" slowly backwards day by day until your pet lets you brush even the back molars. When your pet is used to this you can graduate to a very soft-bristled tooth brush like those made for babies. Daily brushing is ideal but several times a week will still suffice.
15. When should I start brushing my pet’s teeth?
As soon as puppy or kitten’s teeth become visible. Although these teeth will be replaced by a second set of "adult teeth" your pet has the same gums for life. It is also important to start brushing early so that your pet becomes accustomed to the routine and even learns to enjoy the process.
16. What food will help to keep my pet’s teeth healthy and strong?
Hard food is best for removing plaque or tartar from the teeth and gums. Give your pet plenty of raw bones and raw vegetables (e.g. carrots) to help "clean" the teeth as well as improve general health and immune functioning.
17. What else can I do to help my pet?
Use Immunity and Liver Support capsules to boost your pet’s immune functioning and resistance against diseases and infection.
Ensure your pet is eating a high quality diet with plenty of raw and unprocessed food. Many commercial pet foods also contain additives like sugar which can undermine your pet’s dental health.
Never give your pet treats containing sugar.
Provide plenty of fresh clean drinking water and encourage your pet to drink after eating.
Young pets in the teething stage will benefit from PupTeeth Granules to start them off in the development of strong healthy teeth.