1. Does it really work?
Digestive Support has been very effective with a very high success rate. We get an extremely high reorder rate on the product, indicating that our customers are very satisfied with it. In fact, it has been sold to literally thousands of customers in virtually every country around the world!
2. How long has this product been on the market?
All of our natural remedies are formulated by our expert team of herbalists, naturopaths and homeopaths, and headed by Michele Carelse. Michele has been providing these natural remedies to her clients, with great success, for over ten years. All Native Remedies products are manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards - using only the best quality raw ingredients from nature's medicine chest - that is why we are The Natural Choice.
3. What exactly does Digestive Support do?
Digestive Support is a 100% herbal remedy specially formulated to support digestive health and functioning in pets. Digestive Support is an excellent digestive system tonic and contains three carefully chosen herbs in therapeutic dosage to soothe and support the stomach lining, esophagus, and entire digestive tract.
4. What does Digestive Support contain?
Digestive Support contains the following ingredients:
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is an excellent tonic for the intestines, bladder, kidney and entire digestive tract. This herb is also very effective in soothing the lining of the digestive tract. It has long been used as an herbal remedy for gastro-intestinal health and is well known for its immune-supporting properties. Licorice also exerts a gentle relaxing action on the bowels, helping to support healthy digestion and waste removal and has been investigated for its promotion of liver health. (Arase Y, Ikeda K, Murashima N, et al. "The long term efficacy of glycyrrhizin in chronic hepatitis C patients". Cancer 1997;79(8):1494-1500.)
- Slippery elm (Ulmus fulva) is known for its bark, which is an excellent digestive herb rich in trace minerals, manganese, iodine, protein and soothing mucilage. It is a very highly respected herb in naturopathic circles and is regularly used by holistic veterinarians to improve the health of the digestive tract. (DeHaan RL. Home remedies for pets. J Am Holistic Veterinary Med Assoc 1994;12:26.)
- Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis) is a well known remedy for digestive health and contains large sugar molecules, called mucilage, which exert a soothing demulcent effect on the mucous membranes of the digestive tract. This makes Marshmallow an ideal natural remedy to support a healthy lining in the digestive tract.
Native Remedies' products are created using our Full Spectrum Approach™ (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combine the best quality, laboratory tested, raw ingredients, Good Manufacturing Practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee you products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness, all backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
Our products are not tested on animals and individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
5. Is Digestive Support approved by the FDA?
The FDA oversees all food and drug products. Since Digestive Support is an herbal dietary supplement, it falls under the ambit of the FDA. In 1994 the FDA set up guidelines for dietary supplements, including labeling requirements, and created the Dietary Supplement Health Education Act (DSHEA). Digestive Support follows all of DSHEA's guidelines. In addition, Native Remedies is an FDA-registered Food Facility, and all of our products are manufactured in a Pharmaceutical Graded, GMP-certified facility to guarantee the highest degree of consistency, reliability and potency.
6. How do I use Digestive Support?
Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily
7. In what form does Digestive Support come?
Presented in easy to administer capsules, Digestive Support can be given whole, or the capsules may be opened and the contents mixed with a favorite treat.
8. How do you properly store this product?
Best storage is in a cool (not cold) dark place out of direct sunlight such as a cupboard or closet. The product does not need to be refrigerated.
9. How long until support is seen?
Response times may vary based on individual variables. However, as with all good tonics, an initial improvement should be noted within 10 – 14 days and continued gradual improvement should follow.
10. Does Digestive Support have any side effects?
No, Digestive Support does not have any side effects as it is 100% herbal and natural. The ingredients of Digestive Support have a high safety profile and are generally very well tolerated without any side effects or interactions with other drugs.
11. How long does a bottle last?
Depending on the size of your pet, one bottle of Digestive Support should last from 15 - 60 days.
12. Is Digestive Support safe for use during pregnancy and nursing?
Safety during pregnancy or nursing has not yet been established.