1. Does it really work?
Skin and Coat Tonic has been very effective with a very high success rate. We get an extremely high reorder rate on the product, indicating that our customers are very satisfied with it. In fact, it has been sold to literally thousands of customers in virtually every country around the world!
2. How long has this product been on the market?
All of our natural remedies are formulated by our expert team of herbalists, naturopaths and homeopaths, and headed by Michele Carelse. Michele has been providing these natural remedies to her clients, with great success, for over ten years. All Native Remedies products are manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards - using only the best quality raw ingredients from nature's medicine chest - that is why we are The Natural Choice.
3. What exactly does Skin and Coat Tonic do?
Skin & Coat Tonic contains a combination of specially selected herbs, nutrients and biochemic tissue salts known for their tonic and supportive function on the skin and coat. Regular use of Skin & Coat Tonic will quickly help to support shine and systemic health in the skin and coat, leaving your pet looking and feeling in peak condition.
4. What does Skin and Coat Tonic contain?
Skin & Coat Tonic contains the following 100% natural ingredients:
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) has been widely used in Western and Chinese herbalism for many centuries. This herb is an effective tissue tonic due to its high silica content. Silica is essential in the maintenance of healthy skin, bones, claws, and fur. It is the main component in all connective body tissues, including the myelin sheaths around nerve cells and the membranes of the brain and spinal cord. It also contains health promoting compounds called sterols (D'Agostino, M., Dini, A., Pizza, C., Senatore, F., and Aquino, R. "Sterols from Equisetum arvense." Boll.Soc Ital.Biol Sper. 12-30-1984; 60(12):2241-2245.)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis) is also a source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. It has also been researched for its ability to soothe the skin. (Schutz, K., Carle, R., and Schieber, A. "Taraxacum--a review on its phytochemical and pharmacological profile." J Ethnopharmacol 10-11-2006;107(3):313-323.)
- Spirulina (Arthrospira platenis) is a single celled micro-organism found in the sea and is widely used as a source of chlorophyll. Widely used for its nutritive properties, Spirulina contains protein, vitamins (including B12 and folic acid) and carotenoids. This sea algae has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years as a tonic to support energy, immune system and liver functioning, as well as all round systemic health.
- Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosis) is a sea vegetable that is a concentrated source of minerals, including iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. As a source of iodine, it supports the production of thyroid hormones, which are necessary for maintaining healthy metabolism in all cells of the body. Regular use will also support skin and coat condition via healthy thyroid functioning.
- Kali Sulph is a biochemic tissue salt that is essential for distributing life giving oxygen throughout the body and keeping cell membranes in peak health. Kali sulph also helps to maintain health and balance in the skin and underlying tissue.
- Lactose (inactive ingredient)
Native Remedies' products are created using our Full Spectrum Approach™ (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combine the best quality, laboratory tested, raw ingredients, Good Manufacturing Practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee you products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness, all backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
Our products are not tested on animals and individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
5. Is Skin and Coat Tonic approved by the FDA?
The FDA oversees all food and drug products. Since Skin and Coat Tonic is a herbal dietary supplement, it falls under the ambit of the FDA. In 1994 the FDA set up guidelines for dietary supplements, including labeling requirements, and created the Dietary Supplement Health Education Act (DSHEA). Skin and Coat Tonic follows all of DSHEA's guidelines. In addition, Native Remedies is an FDA-registered Food Facility, and all of our products are manufactured in a Pharmaceutical Graded, GMP-certified facility to guarantee the highest degree of consistency, reliability and potency.
6. What is the proper dosage?
For a quick 'beauty boost', an occasional 2-3 week course is recommended.
Skin & Coat Tonic may also be used as an ongoing tonic for your pet and the remedy may be used indefinitely on a daily basis.
Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily
7. In what form does Skin and Coat Tonic come?
Skin and Coat Tonic comes in convenient capsule form and may be given whole or opened and the contents mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet's size and preferences.
8. What is the shelf life?
You will find a white sticker under the bottle with the expiration date on it. It is best
stored in a cool dark place out of direct sunlight.
9. When will support be seen?
Most pets respond within 2–3 weeks, with some pets taking a little longer to respond due to a variety of factors. Support of vitality and wellness should also be noted within a few weeks, although some pet owners report benefits within days.
10. Does Skin and Coat Tonic have any side effects?
No, Skin and Coat Tonic does not have any side effects as it is 100%
natural and herbal.
11. How long does a bottle last?
One bottle of Skin and Coat Tonic contains 60 capsules and will last for 15-60 days, depending on the size of your pet.
12. What else can I do to help my pet?
Brushing your pet's coat regularly will stimulate the release of protective oils, keep your pet's coat healthy and encourage blood flow to the skin.
Talk to a holistic vet before immunizing your pet. Over-vaccination may cause unnecessary stimulation of the immune system which can cause problems especially in the long-term.
Avoid exposure to toxins and chemicals as much as possible including pesticides, herbicides, commercial flea collars, flea powder, insecticides and second-hand cigarette smoke. These can contribute to and cause skin irritations.
If your pet has chronic skin problems, try changing the brand of shampoo used.
Embark on a good flea prevention program. Fleas are an external source of skin irritation and may aggravate an underlying skin problem.
A tablespoon or two of olive oil added to the food a few times a week can help improve skin and coat health.
Ensure your pet is eating a balanced, high quality diet with plenty of raw and unprocessed food (preferably organic).
Use Immunity and Liver Support capsules to boost your pet's immune functioning and resistance against disease and infection
Filtered or bottled water is preferable to chlorinated or fluorinated water.
Use food and water bowls that are made of glass, stainless steel or porcelain
Regular exercise will help to keep your pet healthy and fit.
13. Is Skin & Coat Tonic safe for use during pregnancy and nursing?
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established.