- Does it really work?
- How long has this product been on the market?
- What exactly does Respo-K do?
- What does Respo-K contain?
- Is Respo-K approved by the FDA?
- What is the proper dosage?
- In what form does Respo-K come?
- How do you properly store this product?
- What is the shelf life?
- How long until results are seen?
- Does Respo-K have any side effects?
- Are there any contraindications?
- How long does a bottle last?
- Can Respo-K be taken together with the medications prescribed by the vet?
- When should I consult my pet's veterinarian?
- What else can I do to help my pet?
1. Does it really work?
Respo-K has been very effective with a very high success rate. We get an extremely high reorder rate on the product, indicating that our customers are very satisfied with it. In fact, it has been sold to literally thousands of customers in virtually every country around the world!
2. How long has this product been on the market?
Native Remedies products have been sold worldwide for over ten years. They have sold to literally thousands of customers in virtually every country around the world. All (by Native Remedies) pet products are formulated to the highest therapeutic standards and manufactured under strict pharmaceutical conditions for your peace of mind and the well-being of your pets.
3. What exactly does Respo-K do?
Respo-K is a safe, non-addictive, FDA-registered 100% natural homeopathic OTC medicine formulated especially for pets to relieve the symptoms of colds and respiratory infections such as sneezing, coughing, and watery eyes and nose. Respo-K also decreases recovery time from respiratory infections and strengthens the immune system to prevent the recurrence of secondary infections of the sinuses or lungs.
4. What does Respo-K contain?
Respo-K contains the following homeopathic ingredients:
- Calc sulph (6C) is a biochemic tissue salt that is useful in relieving conditions including all infections, and also speeds up the natural healing process. Calc sulph can be used to relieve coughs, especially when phlegm is thin or watery, and treats sore, irritated throats.
- Ferrum phos (6C) is another biochemic tissue salt that has many uses in the body. The most important benefits are in the ability of Ferrum phos to combat all types of infection and inflammation. Ferrum phos also helps to strengthen the walls of the blood vessels and thus improves the body's ability to distribute oxygen-rich blood and iron to all cells, thereby facilitating healing. Ferrum phos is recommended at the first stage of any infection for fast resolution of the symptoms.
- Hepar sulph calc (12C) is a homeopathic remedy for infections, skin ailments, earaches, sore throats and rattling coughs. It is particularly useful in inflammation of the throat and larynx, bronchitis and tonsillitis. It also accelerates the natural healing processes in the body.
- Sambucus nig (3X) is a widely used homeopathic remedy for coughs, colds and flu. As a diaphoretic herb (causing perspiration) it is useful for relieving fever. It has also been studied for its ability to support healthy mucus levels in the nasal passages (Ueno K, Wang ZH, Hanamure Y, et al. “Reduced sialylation of glycoproteins in nasal glands of patients with chronic sinusitis.&rdquo Acta Otolaryngol 1997;117(3):420-423.).
- Verbascum (3X) is a homeopathic remedy highly regarded for its ability to address blocked noses and chests and help facilitate easy natural breathing. These properties make Verbascum an excellent remedy for infections of the respiratory tract. This herb has also been proven to be especially useful for irritating coughs and bronchial congestion. It has been studied for its ability to support chest and nasal health (Serkedjieva, J. “Combined antiinfluenza virus activity of Flos verbasci infusion and amantadine derivatives." Phytother Res 2000;14(7):571-574.).
5. Is Respo-K approved by the FDA?
The FDA oversees all food and drug products. While herbal medicines are classified as dietary supplements, all homeopathic medicines must be individually registered as OTC drugs in terms of FDA regulations. In compliance with these regulations Respo-K and all our 100% homeopathic remedies are individually registered with the FDA. Furthermore, Native Remedies and their manufacturers are FDA-registered manufacturers and distributors of OTC homeopathic medicines. All of our products are manufactured in a Pharmaceutical Graded, GMP certified facility to guarantee the highest degree of consistency, reliability and potency.
6. What is the proper dosage?
Respo-K tablets may be given whole or crushed and mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet's size and preferences.
Administer 3-5 times daily for 10-15 days as follows:
Cats and dogs under 20 lbs: 1 tablet
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 2 tablets
Dogs over 50 lbs: 3 tablets
Continue for 3-5 days after the desired effect has been achieved. May be used in conjunction with KC-Defense when dogs are to be placed in kennels for prolonged periods of time to support the immune system and encourage respiratory health.
7. In what form does Respo-K come?
Respo-K comes in a convenient tablet format that may be crushed and sprinkled on the tongue or taken whole.
8. How do you properly store this product?
Best storage is in a cool (not cold) dark place out of direct sunlight such as a cupboard or closet. The product does not need to be refrigerated.
9. What is the shelf life?
You will find a white sticker under the bottle with the expiration date on it. It is best stored in a cool, dark place out of direct sunlight.
10. How long until results are seen?
Support should be noted within a day or two of beginning the remedy. Respo-K will also support the immune system and the body’s ability to regulate itself.
11. Does Respo-K have any side effects?
No, Respo-K does not have any side effects as it is 100% natural and homeopathic.
12. Are there any contraindications?
Safe for animals of all ages, pregnant animals or animals that are nursing. Respo-K can safely be used along with prescription medications. No adverse interactions have been noted between the ingredients in Respo-K and prescription medications. However, as with any medicine, it is always advisable to consult your vet.
Caution: Please consult your vet if symptoms persist.
13. How long does a bottle last?
One bottle of Respo-K contains 180 tablets and will last between 12 days and 6 weeks, depending on the size and dosage needs of your pet.
14. Can Respo-K be taken together with the medications prescribed by the vet?
Respo-K can safely be used along with prescription medications. No adverse interactions have been noted between the ingredients in Respo-K and prescription medications. However, as with any medicine, it is always advisable to consult your vet.
Caution: Please consult your vet if symptoms persist.
15. When should I consult my pet's veterinarian?
It is important to seek medical care for your pet if it shows no improvement within a week or if symptoms begin to worsen.
16. What else can I do to help my pet?
- Your pet cannot blow its nose, so keep the area clean of mucus and discharge by carefully wiping the nose with a damp, warm rag or tissue when required.
- If your pet has lost its appetite, encourage it to eat by warming the food or serving more of its favorite food.
- Dehydration can be a problem in pets with respiratory infection due to loss of moisture from the mucus membranes as well as decreased intake of food and fluids. Encourage your pet to eat and drink by offering strong-smelling foods or even administering water to them with the help of a syringe if necessary.
- Keeps your pet’s immune system functioning optimally to prevent all types of infection and disease. Help to boost your pet's immune system holistically through a healthy lifestyle involving regular exercise, balanced diet and our Liver and Immunity Support.